Terms and Conditions
Lebara Australia Pty Limited (ABN 76 096 304 620) (referred to as “Lebara”, “we” or “us”) takes the protection of your privacy very seriously.
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the products and services you wish to use, we need to collect certain personal information from you. This may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card details, your bank account details, driver’s licence or passport number. We may also collect information about the websites you visit, online searches you conduct, as well as details of your use or proposed use of our products or services.
We will not collect sensitive information about you.
You are not required to provide us with your personal information, however, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with a product or service that you have requested.
How Lebara collects information
Lebara may collect personal information in a range of ways, including:
- When you provide information to us directly, for example, in account application forms, employment applications, service enquiry forms, on our website, to our customer service representatives, through a subscription to our website, an entry into a competition or survey we are promoting or through our social media networks;
- From our third party service providers, business partners, affiliates, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- from publicly available sources,
- from electronic tagging mechanisms such as cookies, web beacons;
- from our records of your use of our products or services;
- when we are required to do so by law, for example, when we are required to verify your identity.
Why Lebara collects, uses, stores and discloses personal information
Lebara may collect, use, store and disclose your personal information and other usage of our products or services for a number of reasons, including (without limitation):
- to provide products or services to you, or to facilitate the supply of the products or services to you by other suppliers;
- dealing with questions and other customer care activities;
- for the investigation or resolution of complaints or disputes relating to any products or services we provide;
- generating bills, managing your account and carrying out debt recovery;
- informing you of certain features, changes or problems in relation to our products or services;
- processing orders or applications to become a customer;
- verification of your identity;
- performing credit checks and credit reporting;
- for the purposes of conducting market analysis and research, including to understand how customers use our products and services;
- providing you with marketing and promotional material, including by direct marketing;
- providing you with information about other products and services, including the products and services provided by our associates (unless you opt-out of the use of your personal information for these purposes, as described, below);
- receiving professional advice, such as legal or financial advice;
- conducting internal investigations in relation to crime and fraud prevention, detection, recovery or prosecution;
- identifying your location so we can send you emergency alerts;
- to assist with staff training;
- where required or authorised by law.
- We may also use and disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business (located in Australia or overseas), including to help facilitate or provide you with products and services or for the purposes described above.
How does Lebara store and protect personal information?
We will take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification and disclosure, including destroying or de-identifying personal information when it is no longer needed.
Lebara uses a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records to process, manage and store personal information. In circumstances where we use third parties to do this on our behalf, we require those third parties to comply with strict requirements about the use and protection of your personal information.
Does Lebara send personal information overseas?
We take reasonable steps to make sure the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to it.
How you can access your personal information
If permitted by law, Lebara will provide you with access to your personal information upon request. If at any time, you wish to have your personal information altered in any way, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Customer Care Helpline. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
You must provide Lebara with any change in your residential address and billing details provided to Lebara within 14 days of any change by calling our Customer Care Helpline, or emailing us at email@example.com
How to contact us or make a Privacy Complaint
PO BOX 1113, North Sydney, NSW 2060.
A response will be provided within 14 working days of receiving a complaint.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your concerns, you may lodge a complaint with the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
Australian Privacy Commissioner: GPO Box 5218 Sydney, NSW, 2001 or firstname.lastname@example.org