Terms and Conditions
TPG Telecom Limited trading as Lebara Mobile (ABN 76 096 304 620) (referred to as “Lebara”, “we” or “us”) takes the protection of your privacy very seriously.
What personal information do we collect?
Depending on the products and services you wish to use, we need to collect certain personal information from you. This may include your name, date of birth, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card details, your bank account details, driver’s licence or passport number. We may also collect information about the websites you visit, online searches you conduct, as well as details of your use or proposed use of our products or services.
We will not collect sensitive information about you.
You are not required to provide us with your personal information, however, if you choose not to do so, we may not be able to provide you with a product or service that you have requested.
How Lebara collects information
Lebara may collect personal information in a range of ways, including:
- When you provide information to us directly, for example, in account application forms, employment applications, service enquiry forms, on our website, to our customer service representatives, through a subscription to our website, an entry into a competition or survey we are promoting or through our social media networks;
- From our third party service providers, business partners, affiliates, credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- from publicly available sources,
- from electronic tagging mechanisms such as cookies, web beacons;
- from our records of your use of our products or services;
- when we are required to do so by law, for example, when we are required to verify your identity.
Why Lebara collects, uses, stores and discloses personal information
Lebara may collect, use, store and disclose your personal information and other usage of our products or services for a number of reasons, including (without limitation):
- to provide products or services to you, or to facilitate the supply of the products or services to you by other suppliers;
- dealing with questions and other customer care activities;
- for the investigation or resolution of complaints or disputes relating to any products or services we provide;
- generating bills, managing your account and carrying out debt recovery;
- informing you of certain features, changes or problems in relation to our products or services;
- processing orders or applications to become a customer;
- verification of your identity;
- performing credit checks and credit reporting;
- for the purposes of conducting market analysis and research, including to understand how customers use our products and services;
- providing you with marketing and promotional material, including by direct marketing;
- providing you with information about other products and services, including the products and services provided by our associates (unless you opt-out of the use of your personal information for these purposes, as described, below);
- receiving professional advice, such as legal or financial advice;
- conducting internal investigations in relation to crime and fraud prevention, detection, recovery or prosecution;
- identifying your location so we can send you emergency alerts;
- to assist with staff training;
- where required or authorised by law.
- We may also use and disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business (located in Australia or overseas), including to help facilitate or provide you with products and services or for the purposes described above.
How does Lebara store and protect personal information?
We will take reasonable measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification and disclosure, including destroying or de-identifying personal information when it is no longer needed.
Lebara uses a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records to process, manage and store personal information. In circumstances where we use third parties to do this on our behalf, we require those third parties to comply with strict requirements about the use and protection of your personal information.
Does Lebara send personal information overseas?
We take reasonable steps to make sure the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to it.
How you can access your personal information
We are required by law to disclose personal information about you to the operator of the Integrated Public Number Database (IPND). Information we may be required to disclose includes, your name, physical address, telephone number and email address. Personal information in the IPND is used to assist emergency services and safeguard national security. If you consent, information from the IPND may also be published in public directories or used by directory assistance. IPND information may also be used for research with approval by the ACMA.
How accurate is the personal information we hold about you?
We take all reasonable measures to make sure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To make sure we’ve got your most current and accurate details, please let us know when your information changes. For example, if you change your name or move house.
Can you access and correct the personal information we hold about you?
Yes, but there may be times where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may not grant access to information if it could interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
To request your personal information complete this form , and return it to the address provided. We won’t charge you for simply making the request or for making any corrections to your personal information. We may charge reasonable costs for carrying out your request.
If you think your personal information is out of date, or may not be accurate or complete you can ask for it to be updated. If we do not agree that there are grounds to change it, we’ll add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree.
If permitted by law, Lebara will provide you with access to your personal information upon request. If at any time, you wish to have your personal information altered in any way, please contact us via email at email@example.com or by calling our Customer Care Helpline. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
You must provide Lebara with any change in your residential address and billing details provided to Lebara within 14 days of any change by calling our Customer Care Helpline, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you report a breach of your privacy?
If you believe your privacy has been compromised, please fill in this Privacy Breach form and return it to the address provided. A member of our team will get in touch within 10 business days.
Australian Privacy Commissioner: GPO Box 5218 Sydney, NSW, 2001 or email@example.com